Thursday, April 06, 2006

Tornado!

We were on our way from soccer practice to get something to eat tonight when the tornado sirens went off. Needless to say we postponed getting something to eat and booked it on home. We barely made it. As we walked thru the door, I told Austin to go get in his closet, and that I was going to feed the dogs and be right there. I put my purse down and looked up through the kitchen window. Things started a swirln'. You know the scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy and the house are in the tornado? It looked like that. Only real. And minus the green witch. And with lots of hail stones. I decided the dogs could do without dinner for awhile and I ran to get into the closet with Austin.

After the all clear, we decided we really needed to go get something to eat. Once outside I saw that the three porch chairs that are usually on my front porch were now in my neighbors yard, and a big branch from the tree right next to the house had been blown off and had staked itself into the ground making it look like we had new tree. I wasn't able to get a picture before Austin knocked it over. It was rather interesting.

Everyone is safe, and not too much damage was done. All I can say is that I'm glad I cleaned out Austin's closet over the weekend. Now that's foresight!

No comments: