Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Conversations with a seven year old

A couple of nights ago, Austin wanted to know exactly how a baby grows in a mommy's tummy. Which led to exactly how does it get out of the mommy's tummy. Which inevitably led to how does it get in there in the first place. Then he decided he wanted to know how a breast makes milk. I was pretty proud of myself. I answered all of his questions honestly, age apropriately, and as throughly as I could. Afterwards, he told me, "thanks for talking to me like this Mom. I really like it. If I have more questions will you talk to me like this again." "Absolutely", I told him. So, today he shoots off hard question after hard question. I'm talking questions about religion, philosophy, politics. Geez, I'm worn out. Anyone out there want to take over for awhile?

No comments: