Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Goin' Veg

I've decided that I'm going try vegetarianism again. I was a vegetarian for awhile when I was in college, (the first time around), but somehow moved back into eating meat. I think it may have been that back then there were very limited options and the fake meat was nasty. Anyway, a week ago, I decided to ease back into it. And by ease I mean I still have some meat in the freezer that I refuse to just throw away, but I'm not going to purchasing anymore and once the meat in the freezer is gone, it's gone. I wasn't sure if Austin would be willing to be a vegetarian with me. I left the decision up to him, however, I told him I wasn't going to be cooking separate meals and if he didn't like what I cooked for dinner then he would have to fend for himself. Surprisingly he has loved the veggie meals I've prepared so far. We both love the "fake meat" options that are available in today's markets. They are far superior to the "meat" in the early days. Austin has tried Morning Star corn dogs, and Gardenveggie BBQ Ribs. He says they taste better than the real meat versions. We could be onto something here. Bring on the veggies!

No comments: